Thursday, February 12, 2009

Start of Spring Semester

The first few weeks consisted of meeting the new study abroads this semester and immersing myself in a new set of classes. This semester I am taking Service Marketing, Strategic Marketing, and Corporate Finance. Now being familiar with the city, it was very easy to adjust and start classes. Besides school, I have given presentations about my previous trip to the Rotary clubs here. The speaker for a Dubai Rotary Club meeting was the RI President. It was great having the opportunity to meet him and learn about his campaign against child mortality. On the weekends I was able to attend the Dubai Dessert Classic one day. The gulf course is right next to my university. Also, I went to Musandam, Oman to go hiking, and camping. Tomorrow I will be going to the Jebel Ali Race Course, since a friend of a Rotarian invited us to watch his horses run. That should be entertaining, and give me a little taste of home.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi,
your blog seems to be one of the few offering anything on Rotary clubs in that area. i was wondering if you have any contacts of the Rotary club of Ras Al Khaimah. If yes, I would greatly appreciate your answer at g_aygulya@mail.ru or ayichka86ster@gmail.com