Friday, December 26, 2008

Atlantis Fireworks/Oman


In early November Atlantis put on the worlds largest fireworks show. They spent over four million alone on the fireworks and 20M for the party itself. I got to see the fireworks from a beach by my place with a bunch of friends from AUD. The firworks show lite up the whole Palm Jumeriah and lasted about ten minutes. A few weeks after this event was Thanksgiving. The school put on a Thanksgiving lunch for all the students but it was not comparable to home cooked american food. That weekend I went to rugby 7's. It is a rugby tournament which takes place in Dubai every year. There were about 50,000 in attendance. That was a lot of fun and it introduced me into the sport of rugby. The following weekend a friend and I went to Muscat, Oman by bus. It was about a 6 hour bus ride but since very few people were on the bus and got to spread out and sleep comfortably. This city is much smaller and more beautiful than Dubai. It is a city built around the mountains. We spent two days there before heading back to Dubai. The way back took longer and the security was a little more strict. My freind and I were taken off the bus and searched with a few others. Once returning to Dubai I had to focus on final papers and projects.

No comments: